Mel is a developmental reading and writing teacher with a Master’s degree in education. Loves kids, guacamole, dogs, and pointless trivia.
The Best Guacamole Recipe
I worked at a Mexican restaurant for a few years during college. We offered table-side guacamole. Trust me, you might as well make it yourself and make it better. The restaurant that I worked in did not use grilled vegetables. They used pico de gallo instead, which is a mix of tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
The recipe can be modified in many ways. I love a lot of onion in my guacamole, but everyone is different.
Read More From Delishably
- 8 small avocados
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 jalapeño
- Garlic salt
- 1 lime
- Chop up onion in small pieces. Put it in a pan sprayed with Pam. Add a little water. Chop up the jalapeno (take out the seeds and stem) to add to the onion. Saute vegetables until brown/burnt. Stir frequently. You can use vegetable oil instead of water if you want.
- Scrape out the avocado into a bowl. Throw away the seed and skins.
- Squeeze in a lime and throw the rest away.
- Add garlic salt to taste. I sprinkle it quite a few times.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the avocado.
- I love my Pampered Chef meat chopper, and I use it to make my guacamole. If you don’t have one, I suggest getting one. If not, you can use a fork to mash.
- Serve warm or cold with tortilla chips. This recipe is always a hit and everyone loves it!