Rozlin loves to cook delicious Indian meals for her family. She enjoys sharing some of her favorite recipes with her online readers.
Crispy Chicken and Cheese Samosas
Samosas are a very popular snack in India as well as elsewhere in the Middle East and Asia. They are deep-fried pastry triangles stuffed with a spiced filling typically consisting of potato, spices and herbs. Sometimes it is also made with minced meat (kheema).
Samosas are very popular as a street food and party snack. They are also served in restaurants and cafes. In the month of Ramadan, they are traditionally eaten as an Iftar snack. These tasty morsels are beloved by kids and adults alike.
The recipe I'd like to share with you here is a twist on the traditional Indian style. These samosas are filled with spicy chicken, mozzarella cheese and corn, as well as Indian spices and herbs. Do try my recipe and enjoy it with your loved ones.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
- 500 grams bone-in chicken
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 cups water
- cheese, shredded, to taste
- 1/4 cup corn, boiled
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons green chilli sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons spring onion green, chopped
- 17-18 samosa sheets
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- oil, for frying
- Boil the chicken with salt and turmeric powder until cooked through and the water has evaporated.
- Separate the chicken meat from the bones. Discard the bones. Shred the meat.
- Transfer the shredded chicken to a mixing bowl. Add the boiled corn, chopped coriander leaves, roasted dried fenugreek leaves, chaat masala, garam masala powder, cumin powder, green chilli sauce, chopped spring onions and shredded cheese. Mix well. Samosa filling is ready.
- In a small bowl, add the wheat flour. Add water and mix well to form a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Take a samosa sheet. Fold the sheet to form a triangle. Fold further into the shape of a cone. Put the filling into the cone. Fold and apply flour paste to seal (see photos below).
- In a wok, add oil and fry samosas over medium flame until golden brown.
Read More From Delishably
Suggestions and Variations
- Spice level: You can increase or decrease the spice level by adjusting the amount of green chilli sauce. You can add red chilli flakes, too.
- Cheese: I used shredded mozzarella cheese (approximately 1/2 cup). You can also use cheddar cheese, if you prefer, or a mix of both cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Increase or decrease the cheese as per your taste. You can omit cheese, too.
- Samosa sheets: You can use store-bought samosa sheets or make your own at home. While folding samosas, cover the rest of the sheets and the folded samosas with a cloth or lid since the sheets can dry out quickly.
- Wheat flour substitution: For the flour paste, you can use all-purpose flour (maida) instead of wheat flour.
© 2022 Rozlin