I am a registered nurse currently studying Reiki. I am interested in energy healing, health, and nutrition.
Light and Delicious Appetizer
Chicken lettuce wraps are so easy to make. Ground chicken marinated with spices and diced vegetables make it a healthy and tasty appetizer that will appeal to most everyone. What's more, because it is lighter than most appetizers, your guests will still be hungry for whatever spectacular meal you have planned to serve!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground chicken, browned and drained
- 2/3 cups water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
- 2/3 cups baby bella mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced and diced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced and diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 head Boston lettuce
Vegetarian and GF Options
For a vegetarian option, substitute chicken with one package firm or extra-firm tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towels and squeeze gently to remove liquid. Pan-fry in olive oil until browned and cut into small pieces.
For gluten-free lettuce wraps, simply use gluten-free soy sauce.
Step 1: Marinate the Meat
- In a two-quart glass bowl, blend seasonings, water, soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in vegetables, water chestnuts and chicken. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring once.
Read More From Delishably
Step 2: Prepare the Filling
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté chicken and vegetable marinade mixture on high heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in brown rice.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 7-10 minutes.
Step 3: Serve the Wraps
- Separate the leaves from the head of Boston lettuce. Rinse and drain well.
- Served the chicken marinade mixture and Boston lettuce leaves separately. Allow everyone to fill their own wrap.
Delicious Toppers for Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chinese hot mustard
- Soy sauce
- Hot chili sauce
- Garlic chili pepper sauce