8 Cheap and Easy Holiday Appetizers
Easy Holiday Appetizer Ideas
My family loves making and eating appetizers. We all have our favorites, and we've shared seven easy recipes we enjoy making below.
- Hot Artichoke Dip
- Alfredo Meatballs
- Ty's Beer Dip
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Livers
- Corn Beef Dip
- Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Creamy Fiesta Dip
- Harvest Dip
All of these appetizers are simple to put together and can be customized for any holiday or party. Bon appetit!
1. Hot Artichoke Dip
- 2 cans artichokes, not marinated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of garlic salt, onion salt, salt, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Bake the dish for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crisp crackers, chips, or bread rounds for dipping. This dish is delicious when served hot.
2. Alfredo Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ package onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- Olive oil
- 1 jar of Ragu classic Alfredo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the hamburger meat, onions, chives, parsley, seasoning, soup mix, egg, and water in a bowl.
- Take some of the mixture and shape it into a 1.5" ball. Continue making the meatballs until the bowl is empty.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a nonstick spray. Place the meatballs on top and then drizzle each one with a small amount of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Pour the jar of Alfredo sauce into a slow cooker and set the heat to high.
- Place the meatballs and drippings from the cookie sheet into the slow cooker and cook it for 30 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, adjust the slow cooker heat to low and let it cook for as long as you want. I recommend letting it cook for at least three hours.
3. Ty's Beer Dip
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 oz) packages shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 package ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 (1 lb) loaf round bread
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, ranch dressing, and beer in a large bowl. Blend the contents with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Remove and reserve the top of the round bread. I like to use pretzel sticks. Hollow out the loaf and reserve the bread pieces you removed.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the hollowed loaf. The bread top can be used as a lid to close the bowl between servings. The bread pieces you removed can be used to scoop up the dip.
- If you don't want to use bread as the serving bowl, you can use a regular bowl to hold the dip and use chips or pretzels to dip.
4. Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Liver
- 1 lb chicken livers
- 1 lb bacon strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each bacon strip into three pieces.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around a chicken liver and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place each bacon-wrapped chicken liver on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes (or until it's done).
5. Corn Beef Dip
- 2 packages corn beef, chopped
- 2 tsp accent salt
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 16 oz mayo
- 2 tsp onion, minced
- Mix all of the ingredients except the bagels together in your serving bowl.
- Cut up bagels into bite-size pieces for dipping.
6. Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- 1 package bacon
- 2 cans water chestnuts (8 oz each)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each bacon strip in half and wrap a piece around each water chestnut.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Make sure the bacon is crisp.
This appetizer is delicious without a dip, but I have four dip recipes you can use to boost the flavors below! All you have to do is mix the ingredients together and serve it with the chestnuts.
- 1 jar peach baby food
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- Ranch dressing
Lite Thousand Island Dip
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
7,. Creamy Fiesta Dip
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix everything together. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for a day.
- Serve with toasted crackers or anything else you want to serve!
8. Harvest Dip
8 oz cream cheese
1 pkg dry ranch dressing
1 small can of green chilies, chopped and drained
I can yellow corn, drained
I small can chopped black olives
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
Cream cream cheese and dry ranch. Fold in all other ingredients. Refrigerate at least 2 hours
© 2008 moonlake