Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs Made in the Crockpot
We host poker night every Saturday night, and after three years I have accumulated a lot of great snack recipes. With having over 15 people each time, it's tough to make a lot of little snacks to feed such a big group, so I tend to look to the crock pot for simple solutions. This way, I can still enjoy the game while the snack is warming up getting ready to be eaten at break time. This is also a great snack to put in a big bowl in the middle and let everyone take bites as they play. This recipe is a play on the standard Grape Jelly Cocktail Meatballs but instead of jelly I like to use cranberry sauce.
Cocktail Meatball Recipe Using Cranberry Sauce
- 24oz of Frozen Meatballs (turkey meatballs work great as well)
- 18oz of BBQ Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 16oz Cranberry Sauce Jellied
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Mix the BBQ Sauce, Soy Sauce, Cranberry Sauce and mustard together until you get a smooth consistency.
- Put frozen meatballs in the crock pot and pour the mixture over them. Stir so all of the meatballs are evenly coated.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. If it starts to boil, reduce the heat to "keep warm" so that the BBQ sauce does not burn.
You can also do this with homemade meatballs. I have made homemade venison meatballs in this recipe and they were a big hit. If you are doing the homemade meatballs, just brown the meatballs on the outside and then add to the crock pot. Cook 6-8 hours or until thoroughly cooked through. Do not allow the mixture to boil too long as the BBQ sauce will burn.