I love to cook, try new recipes, and share them! When healthy ingredients meet complementary spices, magic happens in the kitchen.
Super Simple Protein-Packed Snack
These protein bites are my favorite mid-afternoon snack, as they're filling, tasty, and satisfy the need for something sweet. Depending on how sweet you want them, you can adjust the amount of honey—or use maple syrup, agave, or another sweetener. You can also adjust the nut butter that you use. We have a kiddo with a nut allergy and prefer to use sunbutter (made from sunflower seeds).
I really like to eat these cold from the fridge, but they're also really good after they've been in the freezer. They'll be harder so before you want to eat them, take a few out of the freezer and leave them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Then enjoy!
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
6 servings (2 balls per serving)
- 1/2 cup sunbutter (or almond butter or peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Scoop out tablespoon-size amounts of dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 8-10 days. Can be frozen and thawed to enjoy at a later time, as well.
What do you think?
© 2020 Lisa Bean
Lisa Bean (author) from Nevada on September 06, 2020:
Glad you like the sound of these Pamela!
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on September 06, 2020:
This sounds like a delicious, yet heathy treat, Lisa. I know I would like these bites and I appreciat this recipe.