Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
A Crunchy Appetizer for Parties and Guests
If you are looking for an appetizer to serve at a party—or a nutritious evening snack for the family—crispy potato sticks make a great choice. It is a delicious finger food that has a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
Making this snack is easy and doesn't require much time. Potato, semolina, and fresh green coriander are the main ingredients. I served this snack to my guests, and they went gaga over my cooking skills!
Let me now share with you the detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 2 people
- 2 potatoes, boiled, peeled, grated
- 1/3 cup semolina
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil, for the dough
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- oil for deep-frying
- Boil 1/3 cup of water. Turn off the heat. Add a teaspoon of oil. Add semolina. Mix once. Cover it for 3 minutes.
- Press the semolina and make it lump-free. Set aside.
- Boil the potatoes, peel, and grate them. Collect it in a mixing bowl. Add semolina mixture, rice flour, chopped coriander, chopped green chilies, and salt.
- Mix them together and make a moderate firm dough. If it is loose, add some mixture of semolina and rice flour to get the right consistency.
- Check whether you can make cylindrical shapes using the dough.
- Heat oil for deep-frying. Apply some oil on your fingers and pinch out some dough, make a round shape. Next, elongate it to get a cylinder shape.
- Put it directly into the moderately hot oil. Continue making the shapes and putting them into the oil.
- Meanwhile, turn them occasionally. Remove the potato sticks one by one as each of them become crispy and golden brown on all sides.
- Place them on an absorbent kitchen towel. Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce. Enjoy!
Read More From Delishably
© 2019 ShailaSheshadri