How to Make a Bruschetta Appetizer
Add colour and flavour to your meal with this easy to prepare appetizer. Impress and delight your family and friends with this addition to any meal. My family really enjoys it! We tried it for our "try something new" dinner.
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 baguette loaf
- Add diced tomatoes, olive oil, finely chopped basil, finely chopped garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature to help blend flavours.
- Slice your baguette into about 1/4" thick slices, and brush both sides with olive oil.
- Place on baking sheet and place in oven under broiler setting.
- Toast on each side 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from broiler and spoon some mixture onto each slice and drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Wes Clark