How to Make Nacho Chips at Home
About Nacho Chips
Nacho chips are a favorite snack of many young people. They are aromatic and crispy deep-fried triangles. They make an awesome dish when served with a salsa or a dip.
Making nachos is very easy. You have to form a soft and firm dough with maize flour, plain flour, wheat flour, carom seeds, oil, and salt. Divide the dough into lemon-sized balls. Roll each ball into a thin pancake. Chop the pancake into triangle shapes. Deep-fry these shapes on medium-low heat. These nachos are salty and not spicy. Plain nachos go well with a spicy dip or salsa.
If you want to eat nachos without a dip or salsa, make them spicy. While making the dough, add red chili powder, pepper powder, and some more salt along with the other ingredients. The remaining procedure of making the chips are same as that of plain nachos.
- 1 big cup maize flour/makki ka atta
- 1/2 big cup wheat flour
- 1/2 big cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 2 tbsp oil, for the dough
- oil for deep frying
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Nacho Chips at Home
- Take maize flour, plain flour, wheat flour, carom seeds, oil, and salt in a mixing bowl. Gently mix them adding water to get a smooth and firm dough.
- Divide the dough into lemon-sized balls.
- Roll one dough ball into a thin pancake. Cut it in triangle shapes by drawing 8 lines as shown in the pic. Deep-fry each triangle in medium low fire. Don't over crowd them.
- Turn them occasionally to ensure uniform frying. Remove them on an absorbent paper when they are crispy. The frying may take about 5 minutes for each batch.
- Repeat the procedure for all the dough balls.
- Crispy nachos are ready to eat. Eat them with a spicy dip or salsa. Store the remaining nachos in an air-tight container. It will stay fresh for a week in room temperature.
- For making these nachos spicy, sprinkle on them a mix made of red chili powder, pepper powder, and salt when they are hot.
- The other way of making them spicy is to add red chili powder, pepper powder, and some more salt along with the other ingredients while making the dough itself.
Nutritional Information of Home made Nacho Chips
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 23 g||8%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 22 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|