Healthy Snacks: Chutney Cheese Toast Recipe
Young people are fond of eating new snacks everyday. Most of them like to eat cheese. Cheese is not only healthy, but it can also make food taste very rich. Chutney cheese toast is a very delicious, colorful, and spicy snack that has plenty of veggies, cheese, and paneer. Make this toast for a delightful evening snack.
Making this snack is simple and easy. I used coriander chutney, paneer, capsicum (bell pepper), onion, cheese, and tomato in the recipe. You can even use fresh/frozen corn along with the other veggies.
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- 4 slices bread, I used brown bread
- 1/4 cup paneer, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup tomato, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup capsicum, cut in small pieces
- 1/6 cup coriander chutney, recipe given
- 2 tsp butter, for roasting the bread
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Chutney Cheese Toast
- Roast the bread slices by applying butter. You can roast them on a pan or in an oven. Keep aside.
- Take a heaped cup of washed and pat dried coriander leaves in a grinder. Add a garlic clove, 3 green chilies, a teaspoon lemon juice, and salt. Get a coarse or smooth chutney. Let it be thick. Keep aside.
- Take all the veggies in a mixing bowl. Add paneer and chutney. Mix well. The chutney coats the veggies and paneer. Check for salt. Add salt, if needed.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoon of this mix on each roasted bread slices. Spread grated cheese on top of it.
- Heat them in the oven for 4 minutes, or till the cheese melts. I placed them on the grill plate.
- You can even cook them on a pan. Heat a pan, place the bread slices on it, and cover with a lid. Keep the fire low. Take care that toast does not burn in the bottom. Cook till the cheese melts.
- Take them out. Serve hot. Enjoy eating the crunchy chutney cheese toast.