My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks to have at home. I find it healthier than the junk foods available at the market, so I make sure I always have some stocked in my pantry. This snack can perfectly absorb any flavors you choose to add to it.
I used to buy popcorn flavor seasonings like barbecue, cheese, and sour cream. Most of these flavored mixes are affordable but don't suit my tastes. Some are too salty, while others are too sweet or spicy. Eventually, I came up with my own recipe for sweet and spicy barbecue popcorn flavoring using simple ingredients commonly found in the average pantry. Try it and enjoy!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Read More From Delishably
- Tray or Plate
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Empty Container (to store the finished product)
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tips and Techniques
- Increase the amount of chili pepper to make it spicier.
- Double the amount of chili pepper if chili flakes are not available.
- Add more brown sugar to make a sweeter version.
- The combination of brown and white sugar gives two distinct tastes of sweetness.
- Store the dry mix in a sealed container.
© 2018 Travel Chef