How to Make Bread Vada, a Healthy After-School Snack
How to Make Bread Vada At-a-Glance:
When I made these fritters for the first time, I was wondering how I could quickly make these vadas. It took about 20 minutes to make these yummy snacks for four people. The best part is that all the ingredients were already in my kitchen.
Now, I want to share the recipe for making these fritters with you. Start it by chopping the bread slices into tiny bits. You can just tear them with your fingers. Add finely chopped onion, cabbage, grated carrot, finely chopped mint & coriander leaves, red chili powder, chopped green chilies, garam masala powder, coriander powder, cumin, rice flour, and salt. Mix the ingredients, adding very little water to get a firm dough.
Divide the dough into lemon-sized balls. Make patties out of them. Deep fry in hot oil till they are crispy or till they turn golden brown. Remove, and place them on an absorbent paper towel. Serve hot and crunchy vadas with tomato sauce. They are extremely delicious. Enjoy munching them!
Ingredients for Making Bread Vada
- 5 slices bread cut into tiny bits, any variety of bread except bread with seeds or grain particles.
- 1/6 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/6 cup grated carrot
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp or less garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/6 tsp coriander powder
- 2-3 tbsp rice flour
- salt to taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Bread Vada
- Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix them adding very little water to get a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into lemon-sized balls. Make patties out of them.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Drop the patties into the hot oil. Fry them till golden brown, turning occasionally to ensure uniform frying.
- Take them out with the help of a slotted ladle. Place them on an absorbent paper towel.
- Yummy bread vada is ready to serve. Eat them hot with tomato sauce. Enjoy the crunchiness!
Nutritional Information of Bread Vada
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 46 g||15%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 12 g||24%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 272 mg||11%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|