Quick and Easy Snacks: Making Cabbage Fritters or Cabbage Pakoras
Cabbage Fritters or Pakoras
Yummy and Crunchy Pakoras in 20 Minutes
This is an easy and quick snack. These deep-fried crispy fritters are awesome tea-time accompaniments.
Let me share the detailed recipe now.
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly julienned or chopped
- 1/2 cup gram flour/chickpea flour
- 1-2 tsp rice flour
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped
- 6-8 curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/3 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1 tbsp hot oil, for the dough
- 2 pinches asafoetida/hing powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- oil for deep-frying
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Cabbage Pakoras/Fritters
- Take chopped cabbage, chickpea flour/besan, rice flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, chopped green chilies, chopped curry leaves, asafetida (hing) powder, and salt in a wide mixing bowl. Dry mix them.
- Add hot oil on it. Mix once again.
- Combine the ingredients by adding water little by little to get a pliable, firm mix. Refer to the pic if you're not sure.
- Pinch out small portions of this mix, and gently slide them into hot oil. Fry them, turning occasionally to ensure uniform frying on all sides.
- Remove them when they become golden brown. Repeat the same for making the remaining pakoras.
- Serve hot cabbage fritters with a cup of hot coffee or tea. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Cabbage Pakora or Cabbage Fritters
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 102 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|