How to Make Coconut Barfi or Coconut Cake
A Juicy and Delicious Sweet Treat
Coconut is a most nutritious fruit that is often used in cooking. It is good for skin, hair, and body. It is anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-parasitic. It provides instant energy to the body. It also enhances physical and athletic performances.
Coconut improves digestion. It helps bowel movements and with weight loss too. It is a nutritious source of fiber, vitamins, amino acids, and minerals. It is a good source of calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Foods made with coconut are very tasty and flavorful. This coconut barfi or coconut cake is a yummy sweet dish. You can easily make it. This is made with only 3-4 ingredients. You can store this barfi for a week in room temperature. Next, you have to keep it in the refrigerator.
Let's find out how to make this coconut barfi.
- 2 heaped cups coconut, grated
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cardamom, powdered
- 1 tsp ghee, for greasing the container
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Coconut Barfi/Cake
- Grease a plate or container with ghee. Later, you have to pour hot barfi to it. Keep aside.
- Put grated coconut to a deep-bottomed pan. Ensure that there is no big piece of coconut in it. If there, grate them.
- You need uniformly grated coconut to make this barfi.
- Add sugar. Also add 2-3 tablespoons of water. This will initiate the cooking.
- Keep the heat medium low. Stir the mix continuously and scrape the sides once in awhile.
- The mix boils. Go on stir-cooking till it becomes a bit thick and gummy. Add cardamom powder. Mix well.
- If you hold a small amount of this mix in your finger, you will feel the stickiness.
- This testing is not needed. Once the mix loses it's 95%(approx) moisture, it comes together like a lump and starts leaving the bottom. Don't make it too dry.
- At this point, turn off the heat. Transfer the mix to the greased container. Make it flat with the help of a spatula. Set aside for cooling. Ensuring this consistency is very important to get perfect barfis.
- After 10 minutes or when it is less hot/warm, draw deep criss-cross lines on it with the help of a sharp knife. Leave it to cool.
- After some time, insert the knife on the same lines, so that you can cut and separate the pieces.
- Once completely cold, take out the cakes and arrange on a plate.
- Now, your yummy coconut barfi is ready to eat. Serve it any time you want. Enjoy eating this juicy delicacy.
- You can keep it fresh for a week in the room temperature. Afterwards, use it storing in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information of Coconut Barfi
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 4 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|