How to Make Crispy Onion Rings With Aioli Sauce
Crispy onion rings, which are made by deep-frying battered onions, are a very popular snack worldwide. I love eating them with aioli sauce, which is a Mediterranean sauce made with garlic and olive oil that is often served with fried foods. Let me show you how to make this delicious snack!
For the Crispy Onion Rings:
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- Batter mix, store-bought
- Water, as needed
For the Aioli Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch salt
- 2 large bowls
- 2 small bowls
- 1 large plate
- mortar and pestle
- chopping board
- frying pan
- In a mortar, add garlic and salt. Pound until a paste is achieved.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic paste and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Prepare the batter mix.
- Dip each onion slice into the batter mix.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve the crispy onion rings with aioli sauce.
Crispy Onion Rings Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Try making homemade mayonnaise instead of using the store-bought version.
- You can make your own crispy batter.
- In order to maintain its crispiness, do not cover the onion rings.
- Try other dipping sauces, such as tartar sauce.
- Adding salt to the garlic while pounding it makes it easier to handle.
- Line a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil from the fried crispy onion rings.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Dred Cuan