Amara is a writer, and writing is her passion. In her free time, she loves to cook for her family.
Baked Eggplant Appetizer Recipe
Eggplant is a very nutritious vegetable that is rich in fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, and other essential minerals. It helps promote good heart health, blood cholesterol levels, and eye health. Eggplant can be served either as an appetizer or a main course dish. This particular baked eggplant recipe is very delicious, and it's quick and easy to prepare, as well.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 to 2 servings
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tomatoes
- 300 grams mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Slice the eggplant, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Make the sauce: In a bowl, combine the chopped garlic, salt, black pepper, sweet pepper, dry basil, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Grease a pan with some olive oil. Place sliced eggplant evenly.
- Pour one teaspoon of the sauce (from step 2) on each slice of eggplant. Place a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese on top of the sauce (see photos below). Sprinkle some salt on top.
- Bake in the oven, and they are ready to eat. Enjoy!
© 2021 Amara