How to Make Delicious Guacamole at Home
Best Homemade Guacamole
Growing up in Malaysia, I didn't experience guacamole until after I moved to the United States. When I did finally try it, I fell in love. Not only is it yummy, but it's super healthy and easy to make at home.
My favorite recipe includes fresh avocado, onion, cilantro, garlic, lemon, and lime. To make it extra special, I like to add serrano and habanero peppers to bring out the spicy flavors.
Guacamole is often served as a dip with tortilla chips. However, there are a million other ways to enjoy it, as well. For instance, it's perfect on toast, burgers, tacos, and nachos. Personally, I love it on toast. Yummy!
I think guacamole is a perfect treat to share while hanging out with family or friends. Why not impress them with this tasty and healthy dip? You'll be amazed by how easy and delicious it is.
Let's see the full ingredients.
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6-7 small tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 green serrano pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped onion, garlic, cilantro leaves, serrano, and habanero pepper.
- Scoop the avocado with a large spoon and add it to the mixture.
- Mash the avocados to your desired consistency by using a fork or potato masher.
- Add the lime and lemon juice. Give the mixture a quick stir with a spoon.
- Add the ground cayenne, salt, and pepper into the mixture. Check for taste.
- Combine the diced tomatoes in the avocado and stir until it's well-combined.
- Transfer the guacamole into a dipping bowl and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Note: To store guacamole, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to two days before serving.
© 2020 Liza