Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Homemade Cheese Crackers Are Yummy and Healthy
These cheese crackers are quick and easy to make. In just 25 minutes, I made a container full of these crackers that I can serve as a snack or a party appetizer. They are light, crunchy, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Cheese is a good source of calcium, fat, and protein. It also contains zinc, phosphorous, riboflavin, and vitamins A and B-12. Cheese made from the grass-fed animal milk is a good source of vitamin K and omega-3 fatty acids. I like adding cheese to my recipes because it is healthy, delicious, and kid-friendly.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 big bowls of cheese crackers
- 1 1/2 big cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 teaspoons ghee, warmed
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Oil, for deep-frying
- In a large mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, carom seeds, warm ghee, black pepper powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Knead while adding water to get a firm, pliable, and smooth dough. Cover the dough and set aside for 10 minutes.
- After resting, gently knead the dough once again. Divide the dough into many big lemon-sized portions.
- Take the first portion. Shape it like a patty and roll it with a rolling pin while dusting it with the flour to get a moderately thin disk. Cover the other portions, so that they don't dry up.
- Using a knife, cut rectangular strips that are 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- Collect the strips on a plate. Heat the oil for deep-frying. When the oil becomes moderately hot, put the strips in the oil.
- Fry them over medium-high heat to get golden brown crackers. While frying, turn them occasionally to ensure uniform frying on all sides.
- Collect the crackers on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat the same with the remaining dough portions.
- These crackers are delicious, crunchy, and flavorful. They melt in your mouth! Once they cool down completely, store them in an airtight container.
- They remain fresh for 15 days. Eat them anytime you want as an appetizer or evening snack. Enjoy!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on April 10, 2020:
Thanks. I know we make it without the cheese. But, the version with cheese is more flavorful and delightful. Even kids like this version better.
Umesh Chandra Bhatt from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India on April 10, 2020:
We make them without cheese. Now this variation appears more yummy. Thanks for sharing.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH from USA on April 09, 2020:
This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing this recipe.