How to Make Delicious and Crunchy Homemade Cheese Crackers
Homemade Cheese Crackers Are Yummy and Healthy
These cheese crackers are quick and easy to make. In just 25 minutes, I made a container full of these crackers that I can serve as a snack or a party appetizer. They are light, crunchy, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Cheese is a good source of calcium, fat, and protein. It also contains zinc, phosphorous, riboflavin, and vitamins A and B-12. Cheese made from the grass-fed animal milk is a good source of vitamin K and omega-3 fatty acids. I like adding cheese to my recipes because it is healthy, delicious, and kid-friendly.
- 1 1/2 big cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 teaspoons ghee, warmed
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Oil, for deep-frying
- In a large mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, carom seeds, warm ghee, black pepper powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Knead while adding water to get a firm, pliable, and smooth dough. Cover the dough and set aside for 10 minutes.
- After resting, gently knead the dough once again. Divide the dough into many big lemon-sized portions.
- Take the first portion. Shape it like a patty and roll it with a rolling pin while dusting it with the flour to get a moderately thin disk. Cover the other portions, so that they don't dry up.
- Using a knife, cut rectangular strips that are 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- Collect the strips on a plate. Heat the oil for deep-frying. When the oil becomes moderately hot, put the strips in the oil.
- Fry them over medium-high heat to get golden brown crackers. While frying, turn them occasionally to ensure uniform frying on all sides.
- Collect the crackers on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat the same with the remaining dough portions.
- These crackers are delicious, crunchy, and flavorful. They melt in your mouth! Once they cool down completely, store them in an airtight container.
- They remain fresh for 15 days. Eat them anytime you want as an appetizer or evening snack. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 34 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|