Alien Drink Recipe: What's Green, Slimy, and Delicious?
The Disney movie Toy Story features cute little aliens that are known as the Little Green Men. Inspired by these popular and beloved characters, I created a fun and easy-to-make drink that I call "alien slime." This drink would work really well for a Halloween party, a kids' birthday party, or any occasion you can think of!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings
- 3 cups lemon soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 18 grams green jelly powder
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Dilute the jelly powder in a bowl of water.
- Transfer the jelly mixture to a pot. Add lime soda, and stir to mix. Bring it up to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Using a strainer to remove any lumps, pour the mixture from the pot into a pitcher.
- Chill before serving.
Tips and Techniques
- Instead of lemon soda, try lime soda.
- To vary the consistency of the slime, adjust the amount of soda.
- For a chunkier (and spookier!) slime, add more jelly powder.
More Halloween-Worthy Drinks
- 6 Spooky Halloween Punch Recipes and Drink Ideas for Kids
Learn how to make kid-friendly Halloween punches, complete with floating severed hands and ghastly garnishes.
- How to Make Black Gulaman
Black gulaman is a popular and refreshing Asian drink. Learn an easy recipe to make your own version at home.
© 2020 Travel Chef