I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
What's Green, Slimy, and Delicious?
The Disney movie Toy Story features cute little aliens that are known as the Little Green Men. Inspired by these popular and beloved characters, I created a fun and easy-to-make drink that I call alien slime. This drink would work really well for a Halloween party, a kids' birthday party, or any occasion you can think of!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings
- 3 cups lemon soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 18 grams green jelly powder
Read More From Delishably
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Dilute the jelly powder in a bowl of water.
- Transfer the jelly mixture to a pot. Add lime soda, and stir to mix. Bring it up to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Using a strainer to remove any lumps, pour the mixture from the pot into a pitcher.
- Chill before serving.
Tips and Techniques
- Instead of lemon soda, try lime soda.
- To vary the consistency of the slime, adjust the amount of soda.
- For a chunkier (and spookier!) slime, add more jelly powder.
More Halloween-Worthy Drinks
- 6 Spooky Halloween Punch Recipes and Drink Ideas for Kids
Learn how to make kid-friendly Halloween punches, complete with floating severed hands and ghastly garnishes.
- How to Make Black Gulaman
Black gulaman is a popular and refreshing Asian drink. Learn an easy recipe to make your own version at home.
© 2020 Travel Chef