How to Make Healthy Spinach Fritters or Palak Pakoras
Making Spinach Fritters At-a-Glance:
A bunch of spinach lying in my kitchen inspired me to make this quick snack. You need only a few basic ingredients to make these fritters. Let's look at the recipe.
Wash spinach and chop them. Take them in a mixing bowl. Add some julienned onions, gram flour, rice flour, red chili powder, a few carom seeds, coriander powder, a teaspoon oil, and salt. Mix them without adding water. Spinach and onion leaves water and it is enough for making the loose dough. If you feel it is dry, add a few drops of water. This is the dough for making the pakoras.
Heat oil for deep-frying. Take a lemon-sized ball of dough in your fingers, and gently press them together. Drop it into the medium-low hot oil. Make 4-5 such fritters at a time. Turn them occasionally to ensure uniform frying. They fry faster. Remove them on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat the same for the remaining dough. Serve these pakoras with a cup of hot tea. Enjoy eating these appetizing snacks!
- 3 cups spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 cup onion, julienned
- 6 tbsp gram flour/chickpea flour
- 1 tsp rice flour
- a pinch turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 pinches carom seeds
- 1/6 tsp coriander powder, optional, gives good taste
- 1 tsp oil, for the dough
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Spinach Fritters or Palak Pakoras
- Take a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients in the list except 'oil for deep frying'. Gently mix them without adding water to get a loose dough. If you feel it is dry, add a few drops of water.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Take a lemon size dough in your fingers and press it a little to form a fritter shape. Drop it into the medium low hot oil. Make 4-5 such fritters in a batch.
- Fry them turning occasionally to ensure uniform frying. They fry faster. Remove and place on a tissue paper. This paper absorbs the excess oil from the pakoras.
- Repeat the same for making all the fritters.
- Spinach fritters are ready to eat. Serve them with tomato sauce. You can also enjoy eating them with a cup of hot tea or coffee. These fritters are extremely delicious.
Nutritional Information of Spinach Fritters or Palak Pakoras
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 320 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|