My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
In the Philippines, cheese sticks are everybody's favorite snack. Not only is it affordable, but it's also delicious. It is a two-ingredient snack that is very easy to make. The softness of the cheese and crunchiness of the fried wrapper are fabulous when paired with a cold drink. This is a different version of the famous deep-fried mozzarella sticks that are served in French restaurants. Follow my recipe to learn how to make this tasty snack that you can enjoy at home.
- spring roll wrappers, halved
- cheese, sliced into sticks
- water, for sealing the wrappers
- cooking oil, for frying
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- Chopping board
Read More From Delishably
For Frying the Cheese Sticks:
- Frying pan
- Strainer spoon
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Cut the spring roll wrappers in half.
- Wrap each cheese stick in a wrapper half.
- Seal the wrapper using water.
- Fry the cheese sticks.
- Serve as is or with any dip of your choice.
Tips and Techniques
- Transfer the cheese sticks from the pan to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Dust some powdered cheese on top, if desired.
- Use mozzarella cheese for a gooey texture.
- Serve this snack with any dip such as mayonnaise, ketchup, or any others.
- You can replace the spring roll wrapper with an egg roll wrapper, lumpia wrapper, or any similar wrapper.
More Crunchy Snacks
- How to Make Homemade Chicharrón Piel de Pollo (Fried Chicken Skins)
Enjoy chicharrón piel de pollo as a snack or appetizer in the comfort of your home. This is my easy-to-follow recipe for making this tempting dish.
- How to Make Homemade Chicharrón de Cerdo (Fried Pork Skins)
Enjoy the crunchiness of chicharrón de cerdo, a dish made with fried pork. This is my easy-to-follow recipe for making this dish.
© 2018 Travel Chef