How to Make Homemade Cheese Sticks
In the Philippines, cheese sticks are everybody's favorite snack. Not only is it affordable, but it's also delicious. It is a two-ingredient snack that is very easy to make. The softness of the cheese and crunchiness of the fried wrapper are fabulous when paired with a very cold drink. This is a different version of the famous deep-fried mozzarella sticks that are served in French restaurants. Follow my recipe to learn how to make this tasty snack that you can enjoy at home.
- spring roll wrapper, halved
- cheese, sliced into sticks
- water, to seal
- cooking oil, for frying
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- Chopping board
For Frying the Cheese Sticks:
- Frying pan
- Strainer spoon
- Cut the spring roll wrapper in half.
- Wrap each piece of the cheese stick.
- Seal the wrapper using water.
- Fry the cheese sticks.
- Serve as it is or with dip.
Tips and Techniques
- Line plate with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Dust some powdered cheese on top, if preferred.
- Prepare dips such as mayonnaise, ketchup, or any others.
- You can replace the spring roll wrapper with an egg roll wrapper, lumpia wrapper, or any similar wrapper.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan