Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
A Light and Delightful Healthy Snack or Appetizer!
Italian tomato basil bruschetta is colorful, crunchy, and super delicious. This snack is a popular choice for all ages because of its bright flavors and bite-sized presentation.
You need only about 10 minutes and a few basic ingredients to make this yummy snack. Serve it as a party appetizer, an evening snack, or as a dinner side dish. Now, let me share with you the detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 3 slices bread, edges removed
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian dried mixed herbs
- a few fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Remove the edges of the bread slices. Cut each slice into half. Grill the bread slices in an oven until they become crispy. Set aside. (Alternatively, you can roast the bread slices in a pan. However, using an oven is preferable.)
- Finely chop the tomatoes. Apply salt to them. Set aside for 5 minutes. Place the salted tomatoes in a colander and pour water over them in order to wash away the seeds.
- Rub the bread slices with the grated garlic, pepper powder, salt, and olive oil.
- Generously place chopped tomatoes on each slice without leaving any gap.
- Sprinkle Italian mixed herbs over the tomatoes. Sprinkle a little salt on top of each of slice.
- Sprinkle pepper powder. Finally, add a few drops of olive oil on the topping.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!