I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Easy and Delicious Finger Foods
I always try to make snacks or appetizers that are healthy and tasty. These mixed-vegetable fritters (pakoras) have the goodness of many vegetables, paneer, chickpea flour, and spices.
You can use the vegetables of your choice to make these yummy finger foods. However, ginger and onions are essential for the real punch. These pakoras are spicy, nutritious, crunchy, and delicious. I made a bowl full of vegetable fritters in 30 minutes.
Let's find out how to make mixed-vegetable fritters/pakoras.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A bowl full of mixed vegetable fritters/pakoras
- 1/4 cup cauliflower, florets thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup cabbage, julienned or chopped
- 1 potato, julienned or cut in long, thin strips
- 1/4 cup carrots, julienned or cut in long, thin strips
- 1/4 cup onions, julienned or cut in long, thin strips
- 1/4 inch ginger, grated or julienned
- 1 green chili, minced or finely chopped
- 2 inch cube paneer, crushed
- 6–8 tbsp chickpea flour/gram flour/besan
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2-3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp or salt to taste
- 1 tbsp curry leaves, finely chopped
- oil for deep frying
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Mixed Vegetable Fritters/Pakoras
- Take a mixing bowl. Combine all the ingredients except 'oil for deep frying'. Make a little sticky and firm batter by adding water little by little. Refer to the pic.
- Using the flours is just to bind the veggies together. Next, taste the batter. Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan, take a teaspoon-sized batter in your fingers and drop gently into the hot oil.
- Make 6–8 such fritters in a batch depending on the volume of oil in the pan.
- Keep the heat medium-high at the beginning of cooking. Turn them occasionally to ensure uniform cooking. Reduce the heat after 3 minutes.
- Fry them till they are crunchy and golden brown. Remove them with the help of a slotted ladle and place them on a paper towel.
- Repeat the same for making all the fritters. Now, your favorite, crunchy mixed vegetable fritters/pakoras are ready to serve!
- Enjoy eating them with a cup of hot tea or coffee. You can also serve them as appetizers or snacks. They are just irresistible!
© 2018 ShailaSheshadri