Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives or artificial colors.
Banana Chips Are Anytime Snacks!
Homemade banana chips are healthy, delicious, and they make a great teatime snack. I especially enjoy making these crispy chips during the winter and on rainy days. They're the perfect cold-day pick-me-up.
Banana chips can be made very quickly. You have to peel the bananas, slice them up, and then deep-fry the slices in oil until they become crispy. You can spice them up by sprinkling some salt and pepper on them. Store them in an airtight container, and they will be good for up to 15-20 days.
Now, let me share the recipe with you.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
a bowl of banana chips
- 2 raw bananas
- 3/4 tsp salt, mixed in 5 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- oil for deep frying
- Wash raw bananas. Make 3-4 vertical incisions in the skin. Don't make them too deep; otherwise, you will damage the flesh.
- Start opening the skin at one end and remove, just like you peel ripe bananas.
- Immerse the fruit in water. This will prevent it from becoming dark.
- Mix salt and turmeric powder with four tablespoons of water. Keep ready.
- Heat oil for deep-frying. Slice the banana with a slicer or with a knife. The slices should be neither thick nor thin.
- Drop a few slices into the hot oil. Don't overcrowd them. Fry over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Turn them occasionally. Subsequently, reduce the flame.
- When they are almost crispy (about three-fourths done), add a tablespoon of salt-turmeric water to the hot oil. You will get a spluttering sound. (Not to worry! This sound will reduce in a minute.)
- Fry the slices, turning occasionally over a low fire until they turn golden brown and very crispy.
- Remove the chips to an absorbent paper towel. Repeat the same for making all the chips. These chips will be salty.
- Sprinkle pepper powder or red chili powder on them to make them spicy. When they are completely cold, you can store them in an airtight container.
- Enjoy eating them whenever you desire!