Amara is a writer, and writing is her passion. In her free time she loves to cook for her family.
Two Great Tastes Combined
The genius of pizza fries is that it combines two favorite snacks: pizza and French fries!
Beloved by kids and adults alike, pizza fries is a unique blend of flavors that is actually relatively easy to make at home. I've provided a complete photo guide below to help you along.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 tablespoon tikka masala
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 3 to 4 chopped black olives
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and red chilli powder, to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes into French fry shapes. Soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, add fresh water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring it to a boil. Add the cut potatoes (from step 1) and turn off the flame. Leave the potatoes in the water for 6 to 8 minutes, then drain out the water.
- Place the potatoes on paper towels and pat dry thoroughly. Let them cool down.
- In a pan add some cooking oil and heat it over medium flame. Add the potatoes and fry until they have turned golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a bowl add tikka masala, salt, yogurt, and garlic paste. Mix well and make a paste. Add the chicken breast and let it marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a pan add some cooking oil and cook the chicken breast over low flame.
- When the chicken is cooked, turn off the flame and shred the chicken breast with the help of forks.
- Assemble the pizza fries: In a baking pan, spread a layer of fries on the bottom. Next add mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and then add a layer of pizza sauce. Now add the shredded chicken followed by again a cheese layer, chopped onion and capsicum. Add chopped tomatoes, some more shredded cheese and chopped olives at the top (see the photos below).
- Sprinkle some salt, red chilli powder and dried oregano over it, and bake it in preheated oven at 180°C for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Step-by-Step Photo Guide
Read More From Delishably
© 2021 Amara