I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
6 Potato filled pancakes or aloo parathas
- 1 big cup+1/2 cup wheat flour, 1/2 cup for the dusting
- 2 medium size potatoes, boiled, peeled the skin and mashed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/6 tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp dry mango powder/Amchur powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp oil
- salt as per taste
- butter or ghee or oil, for making pancakes/parathas
- 1/6 tsp turmeric powder, optional, I used
Scroll to Continue
Read More From Delishably
Step-by-Step Instructions and Images for Making Spicy Potato Stuffed Pancakes or Aloo Parathas
- Take wheat flour, some salt, and oil in a mixing bowl. Mix them, knead adding water little by little, to form a soft and firm dough. Cover the dough and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil potatoes. Peel the skin. Mash them.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add mashed potato, garam masala powder, finely chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chilies, turmeric powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder, sugar, and salt. Mix thoroughly to get a fine paste without lumps. This is the stuffing for the pancakes.
- Take out the dough, gently mix once. Divide it into 6 equal parts. Divide the stuffing also into six equal parts.
- Shape each part of the dough into a ball shape. Press them into patty shape. Dip into wheat flour and roll to form a small round shape.
- Place a part of the stuffing in the center. Fold the edges towards the center and cover the stuffing with the dough. Press and roll it to make a round, moderate thick pancake.
- Heat a flat pan. Add few drops of oil or ghee on it. Place the pancake on the pan. Cook it till the bottom turns golden brown. Flip it. Add few drops of oil/ghee on top. Make the other side also golden brown. Remove it on a serving plate.
- Repeat the procedure for all the dough balls and the stuffing.
- Serve hot pancakes with a tangy tomato chutney or yogurt/curd. Enjoy the taste!
- Make the dough soft and firm.
- The stuffing should be lump-free. If you get any potato piece in the stuffing, remove it. Otherwise, pancakes won't be of uniform surface.
- Avoid green chilies if you are preparing it for kids.
- Eat them hot. You can also wrap them in an aluminium foil and pack them for lunch box