Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
A Delicious and Wholesome Snack
Chili cheese toast is one of the easiest and tastiest snacks I have ever made. In just 15 minutes, I can prepare a healthy treat that's not only mouthwatering but highly nutritious, as well. Cheese is a good source of calcium, protein, vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. And if you use whole wheat bread rather than white bread, the snack will be even healthier.
Serve chili cheese toast as an after-school snack or an anytime snack. It also makes a great party appetizer.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 8 slices whole wheat bread (or your choice of bread)
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (add more cheese if desired)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- Prepare the bread slices by grilling them in the oven for a few seconds (this step makes the bread more firm). I placed my bread slices on the grill stand for 1 minute. Alternatively, you can use a pan for this step.
- Take out the bread slices and spread them out on a plate. Keep all the ingredients handy. Alternatively, you can spread the bread slices on the grill stand itself, making it easy to place it inside the oven directly.
- Generously apply butter to the top side of all of the bread slices.
- Sprinkle the chopped green chilies and garlic evenly on top of the buttered bread. Sprinkle a little bit of salt.
- Sprinkle some of the grated cheese on top. Sprinkle chili flakes on top of the cheese.
- Add the remaining grated cheese on top. I used a 1/2 cup of cheese to make my toast, but you can add more cheese to make it cheesier.
- Finally, sprinkle a little bit of salt on the top to balance the taste, keeping in mind that cheese contains some salt.
- Place the grill stand inside the preheated oven and grill it for 1 minute. Check to see if the cheese has melted; if not, grill for some more time.
- Once done, take the grill stand out. Remove the bread slices one by one and serve! Enjoy eating the cheesy, spicy, and aromatic bread!
- You can also make chili cheese toast in a pan. While all the other procedure remains the same, heat the bread slices in a greased pan.