I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
Triangle Paratha or Triangle Pancake
Easy Recipe to Follow:
These parathas are a bit spicy and delicious. They are made in the same way as the regular plain chapatis. The dish is unique because it is folded 2–3 times while rolling the dough and has ghee inside. So it ends up being a flakey, layered snack that stays soft for quite some time. The ghee makes these parathas smell awesome. Children love to have these colorful pancakes in their lunchboxes.
Let's see how to make these soft and spicy pancakes.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Ingredients for Making Triangle Parathas
- 1 1/2 heaped cups wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp or less carom seeds, optional, gives good aroma
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee or butter, for applying while rolling the pancakes and for cooking
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Triangle Parathas or Triangle Pancakes
- Grab a mixing bowl. Add wheat flour, red chili powder, carom seeds, salt, and oil. Mix them. Knead, while adding water little by little, to make a soft and pliable dough. Keep it covered for 15 minutes.
- Next, gently knead the dough once again. Divide it into 6 equal parts. Make balls out of them.
- Take a ball; dust it with wheat flour. Roll it into a 6-inch disc. Thinly apply ghee on the surface. Fold it into half. Once again, thinly apply some ghee on top. Fold into half once again. Refer to the pic.
- Now, you get a small triangle shape. Roll it to make a big triangle shape while dusting wheat flour.
- Prepare all the triangles the same way. Heat a flat pan or griddle. Add a few drops of ghee. Place a triangle on it. Cook both sides till you see golden brown spots all over. Add a few drops of ghee while cooking both sides.
- Make the entire bunch of parathas one by one.
- Triangle parathas are ready! Serve them hot with raita (yogurt curry) or pickle. Enjoy eating these scrumptious pancakes!
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri