How to Make Sweet Corn Potato Cutlets (Corn Potato Patties)
A Healthy and Favorite Snack for Children
Often, parents worry about what to feed children when they get home from school. Obviously, you should make a nutritious food to revitalize them.
Sometimes, children are fussy and won't eat certain foods that taste bland. You have to give them snacks that are delicious and healthy as well.
Sweet corn cutlets are one such snack that is nutritious and scrumptious as well. Making this dish is quick and easy. You only need a few ingredients to make this. These cutlets are crunchy and attractive. Serve hot cutlets with tomato sauce. This patty can also be used inside a burger.
Let me now show you in detail how to make sweet corn potato cutlets.
- 2 cups potatoes, boiled, mashed
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup flattened rice, powdered
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped or minced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh green coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon or salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oil, for each cutlet
- Wash potatoes. Peel them. Thinly dice them. Wash once to remove the starch. Immerse them in water. Cook till they are soft.
- Mash them. Set aside.
- Pulse flattened rice to get a near-smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan. Add a few drops of oil or butter. Saute sweet corn kernels for 3-4 minutes.
- Take a large bowl. Add mashed potatoes, sauteed corn, flattened rice powder, red chili powder, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander, garam masala powder, minced ginger, and salt.
- Mix well. Make a pliable firm dough, adding very little water.
- Take a lemon-sized dough. Shape it like a patty. Make many such patties out of the dough.
- Heat a griddle. Add some butter or oil. Place 4-6 patties one near the other. Add a few drops of oil on the top and on the edges.
- Roast them till the bottom side gets golden brown color. Flip them. Add a few drops of oil/butter on the top. Make the other side also golden brown.
- Remove them with the help of a spatula. Place them on a serving plate. Repeat the same for making all the cutlets.
- Serve hot cutlets with tomato sauce. You can serve this yummy snack to people of all age groups. Especially, children love this the most.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 72 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|