I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Healthy Snacks That Children Will Actually Eat
Many parents worry about what to feed their children when they get home from school. Obviously, you should make nutritious food to revitalize them! But how do you make nutritious food that your children will actually eat?
Sometimes, children are fussy and won't eat certain foods that taste bland. You have to give them snacks that are delicious and healthy as well.
Sweet corn cutlets are one such snack that is nutritious and scrumptious as well. Making this dish is quick and easy. You only need a few ingredients to make this. These cutlets are crunchy and attractive. Serve hot cutlets with tomato sauce. This patty can also be used inside a burger.
Let me now show you in detail how to make sweet corn potato cutlets.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups potatoes, boiled, mashed
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup flattened rice, powdered
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped or minced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh green coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon or salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oil, for each cutlet
- Wash potatoes. Peel them. Thinly dice them. Wash once to remove the starch. Immerse them in water. Cook till they are soft.
- Mash them. Set aside.
- Pulse flattened rice to get a near-smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan. Add a few drops of oil or butter. Saute sweet corn kernels for 3-4 minutes.
- Take a large bowl. Add mashed potatoes, sauteed corn, flattened rice powder, red chili powder, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander, garam masala powder, minced ginger, and salt.
- Mix well. Make a pliable firm dough, adding very little water.
- Take a lemon-sized dough. Shape it like a patty. Make many such patties out of the dough.
- Heat a griddle. Add some butter or oil. Place 4-6 patties one near the other. Add a few drops of oil on the top and on the edges.
- Roast them till the bottom side gets golden brown color. Flip them. Add a few drops of oil/butter on top. Make the other side also golden brown.
- Remove them with the help of a spatula. Place them on a serving plate. Repeat the same for making all the cutlets.
- Serve hot cutlets with tomato sauce. You can serve this yummy snack to people of all age groups. Especially, children love this the most.