How to Make Fried Onion Rings
Onion Rings Are Mouthwatering Snacks
Often, we make onion pakoras to eat with evening tea. The onion rings I made yesterday were completely different from the pakoras. They were very crunchy and melted in our mouths.
Though making onion rings involves a few steps, it is worth the while. All my family members enjoyed eating them.
There are many methods to make these rings. The popular ones are made with eggs. The recipe I am showing here does not need eggs.
Serve these crunchy onion rings with a sour cream dip or tomato sauce. Enjoy the taste!
Let me now share a detailed recipe for making onion rings without eggs.
- 2 onions
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour(maida), 1/2 cup for the batter, remaining for dusting
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda(cooking soda)
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp corn meal, If you don't have, increase the quantity of corn flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes or chili powder
- salt to taste
- oil for deep-frying
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Onion Rings
- Slice onions into 5 mm thick discs. Separate the rings.
- Keep aside the middle small rings. You can use them for other regular cooking.
- Dust each ring with all purpose flour. Arrange them on a plate. This step is mainly to ensure whether the flour sticks on the rings.
- This will in turn hints whether the batter will stick to it or not. Properly dusted rings will make the batter stick on them.
- Take a mixing bowl for making the batter. Put all purpose flour, dried Italian seasoning, chili flakes, corn meal, corn flour, rice flour, baking soda, and salt. Dry mix them.
- Add milk little by little, and make a medium thick batter.
- Dip each of the dusted onion rings in the batter. Arrange them on a wire rack.
- Next, dip each of the rings in bread crumbs.
- Deep-fry 6-8 such rings over medium hot oil. Turn them occasionally. Fry them until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Take them out and place on an absorbent paper. Repeat the same for making all the onion rings.
- Keep them in the open for some time. They will be very crunchy and delicious.
- Serve them with a sour cream dip or tomato sauce. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Onion Rings
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 24 g||8%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 26 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|