I am a grad student who still likes to go out when I have time. These little party treats are always a hit, and you can get creative, too!
Party Treats for the 21+ Crowd
I started doing these vodka gummi bears 10 years ago for a large festival in Tampa called Gasparilla. It went over so well, I still get requests to bring them to parties today!
Jello shots? Nah, these vodka gummi bear shots are sure to become the hit of any party.
Aside from the alcohol, the ingredients can be found at the dollar store, so it’s inexpensive, too!
Read More From Delishably
- 2 large packages of gummi bears (choose a high-quality brand, like Haribo as cheap gummies don’t work as well)
- 1 small bottle of non-flavored, mid-level vodka (shy away from really cheap vodka or hangovers will be worse for the partygoers)
- 1 very large Tupperware bowl or disposable tin pan that can be resealed
- 1 pair tongs (optional)
- The afternoon or night before the party, combine your bags of gummi bears with vodka in your tin or Tupperware. The amount of vodka should be just enough to have all of the gummi bears submerged but not drowning.
- Seal the container and place it in the refrigerator for no more than 1 night to marinate.
- While the mix is marinating in the refrigerator, stir them a few times.
- The next morning, the bears should have absorbed most of the vodka. Strain out any remaining liquid with a colander or a large straining spoon. If you do have leftover vodka, use it as a very sweet alcoholic mixer!
- Place the strained, gummi bears in an empty container, and leave it out to dry for 1 hour at room temperature. They will still be a bit slimy but if they have melted, you’ve marinated for too long.
- Offer tongs for guests to use if they don’t want to use their hands.
- Hand sanitizer is nice to offer, as well.
- Little paper pill holders can be a fun way to serve gummies.
Try changing it up with the gummi cherry stems, twin snakes, cola, or other varieties. Sour gummies do not work well with this recipe, unfortunately. You can also string them together to make edible vodka gummi necklaces for theme parties like Mardi Gras, Hawaiian cookouts, or holiday events!