Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn: A Party Snack Recipe
A Great Party Snack!
Peanut butter caramel popcorn makes a great alternative to popcorn balls, which are very popular around Halloween. This recipe is quick and delicious, and it creates less mess. It's a great snack to serve at parties!
- 6 cups popped popcorn, preferably Orville Redenbacher butter popcorn
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I use all-natural peanut butter)
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on low to medium heat.
- Stir in the sugar and allow the mixture to come to a slow boil, until it turns light brown in color.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let boil on low heat, for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the corn syrup and stir; allow the caramel to boil for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, but do not remove the pan from the stove.
- While the caramel is still hot, add the peanut butter. Stir until the peanut butter has completely melted into the caramel.
- Spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- While the caramel is still warm, drizzle it over the popcorn. Top the popcorn with optional chopped peanuts.
- Once the caramel and popcorn have cooled, pour it into a bowl or individual paper cups and serve.