Kresa is a wife and mother to two beautiful children. She enjoys cooking for her family and creating new recipes for them to try.
Great Alternative to Popcorn Balls
Peanut butter caramel popcorn makes a great alternative to popcorn balls, which are very popular around Halloween. This recipe is quick and delicious, and it creates less mess. It's a great snack to serve at parties!
- 6 cups popped popcorn, preferably Orville Redenbacher butter popcorn
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I use all-natural peanut butter)
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on low to medium heat.
- Stir in the sugar and allow the mixture to come to a slow boil, until it turns light brown in color.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let boil on low heat, for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the corn syrup and stir; allow the caramel to boil for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, but do not remove the pan from the stove.
- While the caramel is still hot, add the peanut butter. Stir until the peanut butter has completely melted into the caramel.
- Spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- While the caramel is still warm, drizzle it over the popcorn. Top the popcorn with optional chopped peanuts.
- Once the caramel and popcorn have cooled, pour it into a bowl or individual paper cups and serve.
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on October 04, 2019:
This sounds like a wonderful treat! I think it would be nice at Halloween and at any other time of the year.
Tori Leumas on October 04, 2019:
This looks really good. I love caramel corn. It's a great gluten free treat.