Homemade Brown-Bag Microwave Popcorn
Nothing goes with Netflix better than a huge bowl of warm popcorn. I prefer mine slightly salty with just a hint of buttery flavor. After multiple trials, and subsequent errors, I scored with this recipe. Enjoy!
Parts & Parcels
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1 Tablespoon vegan buttery spread, like Earth Balance
- 1/4 teaspoon Morton's Lite Salt (Why use Lite Salt?)
Methods & Madness
1. Add popcorn to lunch sack. Fold down to the level of the popcorn inside. (This will help keep your sack closed as the corn pops.)
2. Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Microwaves vary in wattage. Mine is 1000W, and the above time is perfect for it. You may need to adjust this time either up or down slightly to accommodate a more or less powerful microwave.
- Expect a significant number of unpopped kernels. Increasing the cook time to pop more will result in burnt popcorn.
3. In a large bowl, microwave the buttery spread for 30 seconds, or till melted. Stir in salt until dissolved.
4. Add popped popcorn, lightly scoop and toss thoroughly to coat.
Based on a 2-cup serving
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 32 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2017 Stacy Becker