Recipes so tasty you will want to eat your fill—and so healthy you actually can!
Homemade Microwave Popcorn
Nothing goes with Netflix better than a huge bowl of warm popcorn. I prefer mine slightly salty with just a hint of buttery flavor. After multiple trials, and subsequent errors, I scored with this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1 tablespoon vegan buttery spread (I like to use Earth Balance)
- 1/4 teaspoon Morton's Lite Salt (Why use Lite Salt?)
- Add popcorn to a brown-bag lunch sack. Fold down the bag to the level of the popcorn inside. (This will help keep your sack closed as the corn pops.)
- Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. (Note: Microwaves vary in wattage. Mine is 1000W, and 2.5 minutes works perfectly. You may need to adjust this time either up or down slightly to accommodate a more or less powerful microwave. Also, you should expect to see a significant number of unpopped kernels. However, increasing the cook time to pop more will result in burnt popcorn.)
- In a large bowl, microwave the buttery spread for 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add the salt to the butter and stir until dissolved.
- Add popped popcorn, lightly scoop, and toss thoroughly to coat.
© 2017 Stacy Becker
Tom Lohr from Magdalena, NM on December 09, 2017:
Looks pretty delish.