I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
They Will Melt in Your Mouth!
When I made these croquettes for the first time, I was delighted by the perfect blend of potato, cheese, and spices in this delicious snack. The croquettes looked tantalizing and tasted amazing. I bit into one, and wow! The cheese inside was soft and satisfying; it just melted in my mouth. The entire batch of croquettes disappeared in no time!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 4 potatos, boiled and mashed
- 1 small cup cheese, grated
- 3/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 small cup maida (plain flour)
- 1 small cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch nutmeg, grated (optional)
- 1 tsp custard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Oil, (for deep frying)
- In a mixing bowl, add potatoes, cheese, plain flour, custard powder, nutmeg, pepper powder, and salt. Combine them to form a smooth dough. No need to add water. Make 12 equal-sized balls.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Roll the balls in bread crumbs.
- When the oil is moderately hot, drop the bread-crumb-coated dough balls, one by one, into the oil. Fry 5 to 6 balls at a time; do not overcrowd the pan. Fry them for 3 to 4 minutes. For uniform cooking on all sides, turn them once in a while. When they turn biscuit color, remove them on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat for all balls.
- Enjoy while hot. Try serving with tomato sauce or on their own.