I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
They Will Melt in Your Mouth!
When I made these croquettes for the first time, I was delighted by the perfect blend of potato, cheese, and spices in this delicious snack. The croquettes looked tantalizing and tasted amazing. I bit into one, and wow! The cheese inside was soft and satisfying; it just melted in my mouth. The entire batch of croquettes disappeared in no time!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 4 potatos, boiled and mashed
- 1 small cup cheese, grated
- 3/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 small cup maida (plain flour)
- 1 small cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch nutmeg, grated (optional)
- 1 tsp custard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Oil, (for deep frying)
- In a mixing bowl, add potatoes, cheese, plain flour, custard powder, nutmeg, pepper powder, and salt. Combine them to form smooth dough. No need to add water. Make 12 equal-sized balls.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Roll the balls in bread crumbs.
- When the oil is moderately hot, drop the bread-crumb-coated dough balls, one-by-one, into the oil. Fry 5 to 6 balls at a time; do not overcrowd the pan. Fry them for 3 to 4 minutes. For uniform cooking on all sides, turn them once in a while. When they turn biscuit color, remove them on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat for all balls.
- Enjoy while hot. Try serving with tomato sauce or on their own.
For each question, choose the best answer. The answer key is below.
- Which of the following vegetable contains highest Vitamin C ?
- sweet potato
- Which of the following is a healthy choice as a sweetner ?
- Which of the following releases more energy to the animal body?
- Halloween is connected with which of the following vegetable?
- The vegetable in the list below, not having a seed in it
- bell pepper
Interpreting Your Score
If you got between 0 and 1 correct answer: average
If you got between 2 and 3 correct answers: moderate
If you got 4 correct answers: good
If you got 5 correct answers: excellent