Nikki's a working wife and mom. Her interests include family life, gardening, cooking, and music.
Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip
My husband and I wanted to have a cozy weekend in. It was 16 degrees here in Michigan, and the snow was coming down. Sounds cozy, right?
A weekend like this wouldn't be complete without warm bean dip. We have a special recipe that we call “Texas Trash." Want to learn how to make it yourself?
When this recipe was originally shared with me, it called for being cooked in the oven. However, we have modified it a bit as we make ours in the crockpot. You can dress it up with other garnishes like onions, jalapeños, fresh tomatoes, black olives, or cilantro, or just enjoy it as-is with tortilla chips.
Here's our version:
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
Serves 8–10 people
- 8 ounces Plain Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 packet Taco Season
- 2 cans Refried Beans
- 4 cups Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and refried beans. Mix well. (I usually cheat and heat the mixture in the microwave for a minute or two. This makes it easier to mix and speeds up the cooking process.)
- Mix in the taco seasoning.
- Mix in about one cup of cheese.
- Pour mixture into Crockpot.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Cook until warmed through (usually when the cheese on top has melted).
© 2018 Nikki McClees