Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
Mouthwatering Miracle Balls!
Spinach, paneer, and cheese balls are both delicious and nutritious. Whether you serve them as an afterschool snack or as a party appetizer, they're sure to be a hit. These scrumptious multi-colored balls simply melt in your mouth!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 1 cup spinach, washed, stem removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup paneer, grated
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated (I used mozzarella)
- 3 slices bread, torn into crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or pizza seasonings
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons maida (all-purpose flour), for coating the dough balls
- 1 green chili, not a hot variety, finely chopped
- oil for deep-frying
- In a large bowl, add chopped spinach, grated paneer, grated cheese, bread crumbs, grated ginger, chopped green chili, red chili flakes or pizza seasonings, cumin seeds, and salt.
- Knead, adding just enough water to make a firm dough. Divide the dough into 10 equal portions. Shape each of the portions like a ball. Roll these balls in the all-purpose flour (maida).
- Deep-fry the balls in moderately hot oil until they turn golden brown and crunchy. While frying, turn the balls occasionally to ensure uniform cooking.
- Remove them and place on an absorbent paper. Repeat the process to fry all the dough balls.
- Yummy spinach, paneer, and cheese balls are now ready to munch!
- Serve them hot with tomato sauce. Enjoy!