Spicy Masala Peanuts (Groundnuts) or Nelakadale Baje Recipe
Spicy Masala Peanuts or Groundnuts
Spicy Peanuts are the Favorite of Many!
Spicy, fried peanuts are a very popular teatime snack. Peanuts are legumes and have a high protein content. They have a lot of energy stored in them. Not only that, they are very tasty.
You can easily make spicy masala peanuts at home. To make them, you have to mix gram flour, rice flour, groundnuts, red chili powder, hing powder, and salt in a bowl. Add a little water and prepare a sticky batter. Deep-fry them on medium heat till they become crunchy. Done! Crispy and delicious masala peanuts are ready to munch.
Let me show you the recipe now.
- 1 bowl peanuts(groundnuts)
- 6 tbsp gram flour/chickpea flour
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 2 pinches asafetida/hing powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp or more red chili powder
- 1 tbsp hot oil, for the batter
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- oil for deep-frying
- a few curry leaves, for garnishing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Spicy Masala Peanuts or Groundnuts
- Put peanuts, gram flour, rice flour, red chili powder, hing powder, turmeric powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add a table spoon of hot oil. Dry mix them.
- Further, add some water and make a loose and sticky batter. Refer the pic to ensure the right consistency.
- Heat oil for deep-frying. Hold a lemon-sized batter in your fingers. Gently drop, separating them with your fingers. If they fall in lumps, separate them with the help of a ladle, when they are cooking inside the oil.
- Turn them at intervals to ensure uniform frying. Keep the heat medium. Frying them on a high flame may burn the outer layer and may not cook inside. Fry them till they become crispy.
- Remove them on a paper towel. Repeat the same for frying all the peanuts.
- Once you finish frying the peanuts, turn off the fire. Drop curry leaves into the hot oil. Take them out when they become crispy. Add them to the fried peanuts. Set aside for cooling.
- Spicy masala peanuts are ready to eat. Serve them with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Enjoy the taste!
- Store the remaining spicy peanuts in an air-tight container.
Nutritional Information of Spicy Masala Peanuts
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 80 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|