Amara is a writer, and writing is her passion. In her free time she loves to cook for her family.
Potato popcorn is a delicious snack that is super crispy on the outside and very tender on the inside. It can be enjoyed either as an appetizer or a teatime snack.
Beloved by kids and adults alike, this snack is very quick and easy to make—and you probably already have all of the necessary ingredients in your kitchen.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley (optional)
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Immerse the diced potatoes in water for 2 minutes in order to remove the starch. Wash them several times with cold water.
- In a pan over medium heat, add fresh water and diced potatoes. Bring it to the boil and add 2 tablespoon salt. Stir gently.
- Boil for 5 minutes. Boiling helps to achieve a soft texture for the potatoes.
- After 5 minutes, drain the boiling water and rinse the potatoes with cold water in order to stop the cooking.
- Place the potatoes on a paper towel and remove the excess moisture.
- Place the corn starch on a plate. Coat the potatoes with corn starch to make them crispy.
- In a pan, add some cooking oil and heat it over low to medium flame. Fry the potatoes until they have turned golden-brown.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes to a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. You can also add some parsley if desired. Bon appetit.
Read More From Delishably
© 2021 Amara