I am a food enthusiast and am always trying new recipes. I love to garden, get crafty, and read a good book!
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Stuffed Mushrooms
Make-Ahead Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms are pretty simple to make, and I love that you can prep them ahead of time and then pop them in the oven right before you need them. You can vary the ingredients in the stuffing if you'd like, but the recipe I'm sharing with you here was a fan favorite in my house—so I'm keeping it as is.
The recipe calls for dairy-free cream cheese, but you can of course use regular cream cheese if that's your thing. I've also made these in the past with bacon, which gave it a nice flavor and a bit of saltiness.
I hope you try the recipe and share it with those you love!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serve 4 people
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 3 ounces dairy-free plain cream cheese spread, or regular cream cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Fresh parsley, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Begin by wiping all the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove dirt.
- Remove mushroom stems and roughly chop the stems. Set mushroom caps upside down in an oven-friendly dish in a single layer.
- Chop half an onion into slices and sauté on medium heat in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once onions are translucent and soft, add chopped mushroom caps to the pan and cook until they are fragrant and soft.
- Add spices and continue to cook.
- Once mushrooms and onions are cooked, turn off the heat and add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and mushrooms and onions are coated.
- Stir in bread crumbs. Using a small spoon, carefully spoon mixture into each mushroom cap. I would suggest starting with 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs and then see how dry your mixture is. If it still looks really sticky, add the remainder of the bread crumbs.
- Once mushrooms are stuffed, place mushrooms in the oven and bake 10-12 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden brown and mushroom caps are fork tender.
What Did You Think?
Mushrooms Ready To Be Stuffed
© 2019 Lisa Bean
Lisa Bean (author) from Virginia on February 04, 2019:
I agree, Poppy! They are super tasty. Glad you liked the recipe!
Poppy from Enoshima, Japan on February 04, 2019:
I love mushrooms so much, they're so tasty and can be cooked in so many different ways. Thank you for sharing this recipe, it looks delicious.
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on February 04, 2019:
I really like this suffed mushroom recipe as I love mushrooms any way you use them in cooking. This recipe sounds easy, but with a lot of flavor. Thans for sharing it Alyssa.