I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
Teatime Snacks: Ribbon Pakora (Ribbon Muruku)
Making ribbon pakoras does not take much time. I made a container full of pakoras in 30 minutes. They stay fresh for 15-20 days at room temperature if they're stored in an air-tight container. These pakoras look like ribbons, hence the name.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A big bowl full of pakoras
- 1 big cup rice flour
- 1/2 big cup+2 tbsp gram flour/besan
- 1/3 big cup fried gram flour
- 3 pinches asafoetida/hing powder
- 2 tsp butter
- 3/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds, or white sesame seeds
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Ribbon Pakora(Ribbon Muruku)
- Take rice flour, gram flour, fried gram flour, asafoetida powder/hing, red chili powder, carom seeds or white sesame seeds, butter, and salt in a wide mixing bowl.
- Softly knead them adding water little by little to get a soft, firm, and pliable dough. Cover the dough with an inverted vessel. This is just to avoid the drying of the dough. Resting the dough is not needed.
- Keep ready ribbon pakora maker machine and the mould. Apply oil inside the hollow container. Take a fistful of the dough and softly knead it. Put it inside the pakora maker container.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Press or turn the handle, as per guidelines, to drop the ribbon shaped dough into the hot oil. Fry on a medium-high fire for 1-2 minutes and turn them upside down. Fry the other side too. Lower the heat and fry till they become crispy and golden. Ensure the uniform frying on all sides.
- Take them out with the help of a slotted ladle. Keep on an absorbent paper towel.
- Once again press the pakoras into the hot oil. Further, repeat the same procedure for making crunchy pakoras.
- They are ready to eat. Serve them when they are warm or cold. You can store them fresh in an air-tight container for 15-20 days.
- Enjoy eating them as and when you desire. They are the best appetizing teatime snacks!