Spicy Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe
A Great Party Or Movie Night Dip Recipe!
Making up a batch of Rotel Cheese Dip is always the highlight of any party or gathering that we attend. If you are searching for a recipe that is very easy to throw together and whisk off to your next gathering, then this very easy how to make Spicy Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe should totally make you a hit.
It's great at holiday parties, bbq parties, birthday parties, potlucks or just for munching out on the weekend with a good movie.
I've taken this in double batches to potluck meals at work and family get-to-gathers and the container is ALWAYS empty when time to go home!
I don't care who you are, you just HAVE to try this Spicy Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe and you probably won't be able to stop eating either. Be sure to check out the Lists of Recipe Links that I've posted below featuring this awesome spicy Rotel ingredient as well.
Image Courtesy of Kevin Rodgers
Rotel Original - The Star Ingredient Of Rotel Cheese Dip
This is what a can of Rotel looks like if you aren't familiar with it.
This is also the very same type I use in my Rotel Cheese Dip recipe.
I can usually find it in the Mexican food section or in the canned tomato section of most any grocery store. It will probably be near the jars of salsa and such.
Make sure you get the Diced version as it will save a lot of time for this recipe.
Image Courtesy of Charles Williams
This is a very simple recipe and for many years I made it without the spicy sausage part until I discovered the spicier version one evening at a friend's house.
I couldn't believe the difference one ingredient made in this already fabulous recipe.
I prefer eating this cheese dip recipe with Frito's Corn Chips Scoops. There is something about the combo of salt and corn that seems to go perfect with this recipe.
Others I have known prefer a less salty taste such as with Tortilla Chips. Whatever you provide, make sure they are large bags!
Feel free to experiment but I think you'll agree, this is probably one of the best cheese dips ever.
Image Courtesy of Kevin Rodgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: About 1 hour
- 1 lb. Box of Velveeta Cheese
- 1-10 oz. can of Original Rotel that is already minced in the can
- 1 lb. Spicy Ground Pork Sausage, Medium strength hotness (I use Jimmy Dean brand)
- 2 or More Bags Scoops Corn Chips or Tortilla Chips - Big Bags!
- I've cooked this recipe in both a crock pot as well as a double boiler. Either way works fine. I like the crock pot because I can put a lid on it and take it with me to the gathering and reheat once there.
- -Turn crock pot on high and put lid on to preheat.
- - Brown your sausage in a medium size skillet. Cook on medium heat until cooked through.
- - Drain sausage really well and blot extra grease up from the meat with paper towels.
- -In crock pot, add cooked sausage, your can of Diced Rotel (juice and all) and stir well.
- -Cut up the Velveeta into small chunks and add to the crock pot mixture.
- - Stir well.
- - Turn crock pot down to Low temperature.
- - Cover and let simmer.
- - Check on the process about every 15 minutes or so until all is melted being sure to stir well each time.
- - Turn the crock pot off once melted.
- - It's ready to serve now so either pull up a chair and go for it or get ready to whisk it away to your gathering!
- **Note - November, 2012
- I took a double batch of this to my sister's house for Thanksgiving this year and I doubled the amount of cheese and Rotel but not the amount of sausage. There was plenty of sausage even when doubling the recipe! **
Making Rotel Cheese Dip - How-To Videos
Watch a few others making Rotel Cheese Dip their way. Some add a few different ingredients that you might want to try.
Click on any video to watch.
Rotel cheese dip recipe.
Making Rotel cheese dip.
How to make Rotel Sausage Con Queso Dip.
How to make Rotel Cheese Dip.
More Rotel Cheese Dip recipes.
Do you think you will try this Rotel Cheese Dip recipe?See results without voting
I would love to hear what you think about this recipe and if you think you will make it one day. You don't have to be a member to comment! :)