How To Make Simple Appetizer Recipes
Mini Cheesy Chicken Pies
Simple Appetizers Your Guests Will Love!
Mini Cheesy Chicken Pies
You really need to make this recipe and see how well everyone likes them! My family loves chicken recipes and I tend to like red meats better. These are great simple appetizers to make, the only problem is the cook time. So give yourself enough time to get these cooking and serve them warm. You could even cut smaller pieces like I did. They go a lot farther and you can serve them in small cup cake papers with toothpicks.
I love simple appetizers, little bites of food packed with flavors. On over scheduled evenings, we can just eat them while running around the house grabbing sports equipment, uniforms, musical instruments and every thing else we need. I know these are not good eating habits, but hey, we all do it out of necessity when we have no choice.
Being a single Mom isn't easy and when I find time saving recipes, you bet I am going to try them. If they're any good, I usually post them here to share with you. I hope you try some of these recipes and come back to tell me how much you, your family and friends liked them.
When I find new appetizer recipes, I will post them here first. Please come back from time to time for new ideas and good food to eat. You don't need to knock yourself out over parties, you get to have fun too. Keep it fun and simple and your party will flow smoothly.
Here you will find easy to make appetizer recipes that are proven favorites in our house but won't take all day. I am always adding new recipes so come back to visit and see what's new.
Some recipes might not be here when you come back, this page is getting too long to scroll through.
Video How To Make Muffin Tin Mini Pizzas
Muffin Tin Recipe For Mini Pizza
These are every bit as good as the mini tacos recipe and who doesn't love pizza? With this muffin tin recipe your options are unlimited. You can change all the ingredients to your personal taste. Watch the video and then get to cooking. I hope you like this recipe.
Standard muffin pans come in 6- or 12-cup size; if baking 6 items in a 12-cup pan, leave empty space in between.
Nonstick pans are nice but not essential. Beware of very thin pans, which often lead to burning.
And last but not least, place your muffin tins on a baking sheet to make them easier to get in and out of the oven.
Ingredients For Muffin Tin Mini Pizza Recipe
- Muffin Tins 6 or 12 Muffin Tin Pizza Recipe, Appetizers
- Olive oil, for tin
- All-purpose flour, for rolling dough
- 1/2 pound homemade or store bought pizza dough, cut in 6 pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- mozzarella cheese (4 ounces), or 1/2 cup shredded
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- toppings, unlimited what you use
Mini Taco Appetizers
I love these mini taco appetizers! They are great for all ages, especially the younger children with small hands. Even if they drop them, it's an easy clean up!
Just brown your meat, add seasoning and drain. Have the sides ready and they're done. Doesn't get much easier than that! If these are too small for your party theme or idea, maybe you have more grown ups, try the shells below!
These mini tacos are easy and simple! Buy the bag of chips with the bite sized shells, brown and season your hamburger (make sure you drain it) and have the rest of the toppings ready. You can make this mini taco any way you want to! Hamburger, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and cheeses, throw it in the shell, done! Leave your sauces on the table so your guests can choose their favorite! To make it even easier, put all the ingredients in containers and let your guests make their own to suit themselves. Can't get any easier or faster for you!
I Need Your Ratings
Want Bigger Shells?
Try This Great Idea!
These taco shells are for the big kids attending your party. Turn your muffin pan upside down, spray on cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil, place shells in between spaces and bake at 350 until golden brown! Fill with meat and toppings or just make a taco salad, done. Enjoy!
ANOTHER GREAT TIP:
Sprinkle with brown sugar and create a dessert dish! Fill with ice cream, toppings or fruit, truly makes a great dessert bowl!
Easy Serve For Sides And Condiments - Save On Dishes And Time!
Mini Cheesy Chicken Pies
Recipe For Mini Chicken Pies
Okay people I always tell when it's not a quick and easy recipe, yep, this is one of those recipes. It's still worth the time, enjoy!
Creamy Chicken and Cheese Filling8 oz of Montery Jack cheese, shredded
3 tbsp butter
½ onion chopped
3 tbsp flour
1 lb chicken breast, cut into ½ inch pieces
4 oz sour cream
¼ cup half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
½ tsp paprika
3 tbsp chopped chives
I add to this recipe some celery and carrots. For this recipe it is important to chop them up small. This will make your filling more uniform in taste and ingredients.
For the Pies
3 lbs of puff pastry (you might end up with some leftover)
2 small eggs beaten lightly with 1 tbsp of water (egg wash)
Creamy Chicken and Cheese Filling
In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until hot, add the chopped onions and saute until they become translucent.
Sprinkle in the flour and mix well till you have a smooth paste. Cook the flour for a couple of minutes.
Add ½ tsp salt, chicken, sour cream and half n half. Mix well and cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 20 minutes on my stove).
Taste and add salt and pepper to your taste, along with paprika, chives, and shredded cheese. Mix and simmer on low heat for a further 10-15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Making the pies
Preheat oven to 375°F/200°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Lightly dust your working surface with some flour. Roll out the puff pastry to about 2/8 of an inch thickness. If you are using puff pastry sheets, roll out the sheet as evenly as possible to about the same thickness.
TIPS: You can add any filling you prefer
Using a 3 - 3.5 inch circle cutter, cut as many circles as you can (about 40-45)
I use many things to cut the puff pastry like a peanut butter top, jelly tops but the only I like the most are the small bali jar tops and they cut nice and neat too! Skipping a step won't hurt like sealing with fingers and them going back to put the fork marks on. Just seal the edges with a fork and skip a step.
Brush the edge of one of the pastry circles with egg wash and place some cooled filling in the middle. Place the second pastry circle on top and press down along the edge with your fingers to seal. Next, crimp the edge using a fork.
Place the pie on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the pastry circles. Leave about 1 inch of space between the pies on the baking sheet.
Brush the top liberally with egg wash, and make two slits on the top to allow air to escape.
Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or till the top is golden brown and puffed up.
TIPS: I like to make these "bite-sized appetizers". I use the small muffin tins, this helps me to make more, smaller bite-sized portions. I really appreciate appetizers that aren't messy or falling apart all over me. One more tip, don't skip the egg wash or you won't get that beautiful color you're looking for and your pastry will be dry and crackly.. Enjoy.
Sliders 4 Different Ways
Mini Potato Skins Appetizer - Easy And Less Fattening Recipe
I love twice baked potatoes but quit eating them because they were laden with so many calories! Here you'll find a recipe that's less in calories and easier to make. I hope you like them!
- 1 pound whole red new potatoes
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened,
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Bake at 350 degrees F
- Boil 1 pound whole red new potatoes in salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, fry 4 slices bacon until crisp, then cool and crumble it.
- Drain the potatoes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half and scoop out the potato into a medium bowl, leave enough potato in it's shell about 1/8-inch thick.
- Arrange the shells on a baking sheet.
- Mix with 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened, and 1/4 cup bacon bits.
- Spoon the filling back into the potatoes and bake in a 350-degree oven until the edges are crispy and the filling is heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Broccoli Patties Good Things To Eat!
Heads up! I always let my readers know when a recipe here is NOT as quick as the other recipes on this page. Although these won't take all day, the cook time alone is 30 minutes and add prep time.
This recipe was easy to follow and very good to eat! I hope you try them, share the recipe and post it every where you can think of.
You can still use this recipe for bite sized servings and fun.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli - defrosted
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs - beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
- Heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat
- Add garlic and onions
- Season with salt and pepper
- SautÃ© until onions are garlic are tender, set aside to cool
- Squeeze out extra moisture from the broccoli in a towel
- In a large bowl add panko, cheeses, eggs, and salt/pepper to taste, mix well
- To same large bowl add broccoli, mix together and form into patties, place on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Flip and bake for another 15 minutes or until brown and crispy
Measuring, Measurements Breakdown Chart - A Wonderful Kitchen Tool
I can't tell you how many times I wish I had a measurements chart in my kitchen, especially when baking! I'm a much better cook than I am a baker or pastry maker. I just had to share this measurements breakdown chart with every body, you can Thank me later :) This will probably end up being the most important kitchen tool to use.
Zucchini Crisps - With Parmesan Cheese
This is a great recipe for an appetizer but I always let my readers know when the recipe is not quick. This one? Isn't. But these Zucchini Parmesan chips are a fabulous and kind of healthy snack that taste delicious and are baked not fried!
Even your children will like these and they are good hot or cold so put them in the lunch container and send them off to school with your kids!
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce)
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper.
- Dip each round into the parmesan mixture, coat it evenly, pressing on both sides and place in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
Goat Cheese Recipe - With Strawberries, YUM!
These are wonderful appetizers that you can switch up the ingredients for if you want to but with this goat cheese recipe you get savory and sweet all in one bite! Trying to keep the theme of easy going, these take about 35 minutes to finish, still not bad on time.
And for those of you that are lactose intolerant this is a cheese you can eat. Goat cheese is actually a tolerable cheese that you can eat with out the dairy side effects.
- 2 heads garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (plus extra for the toast)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pkg goat cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread (cut in half)
- 1 pinch sea salt (Celtic)
- 1 pt strawberries (hulled and sliced, about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- 1 tbsp fresh mint (chopped)
- Pour oil into a pan, set over a medium heat and add garlic
- Fry until lightly colored, then add the herbs
- Turn the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft
- Let cool slightly
- Beat together with the cooking oil to form a paste
- Whisk the goat cheese
- Brush the sourdough with olive oil, season with Celtic sea salt and toast under the grill
- To serve, cut the toast into bite-sized pieces, spread a little garlic purÃ©e, smear some whipped goat cheese over and top with strawberries
- Drizzle balsamic glaze and add a sprig of mint for a final touch
Mini Pizza Appetizers - Appetizers Your Guests Will Make Disappear!
I love this recipe for pizza bites, it's super easy and you can add all the toppings you want to, or not. My Daughter, Rachel, only likes light sauce with cheese. I must admit from serving these little jewels, most guests like the cheese and pepperoni best, you might want to make more of those for your party or gathering! You can also cook these on the grill and give them that wonderful smokey grill taste but however you cook these, they will disappear really fast! Another way to serve these is to cut them smaller and stick with toothpicks, just keep the serving tray warm.
These mini pizza bites have enormous amounts of sauce and cheese packed into them! The crust is made from whole wheat wraps, which baked up nice and crispy. Add parmesan cheese and spices to your sauce and every bite will burst with cheesy flavor!
- 3 -4 Whole wheat wraps
- Try to find ones with at least 3 grams of fiber or more per wrap
- 1 Can pizza sauce (15 oz)
- 3/4 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 48 Mini pepperonis
- 1 tsp Basil/oregano mix or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Pinch Sugar
- Pinch Black pepper
- *Note* Make these to your personal tastes by adding anything that you would normally like on a pizza just before popping them in the oven.
- The estimated total time to make this recipe is 20 Minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook on the grill for that wonderful smokey taste ~ just an option!
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer each tortilla out individually on a flat surface
- Use an empty can, cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap
- The empty pizza sauce can that you already have works well!
- Press firmly enough, using a rocking motion, until it cuts through the wrap
- Press each wrap circle into muffin tin so it fits snuggly
- Moving on, pour pizza sauce, parmesan cheese, and the spices into a medium sized bowl and stir till
- Drop about 1-2 tbs of sauce in each wrap, this really varies according to how much sauce you like!
- Add mozzarella cheese evenly over each mini pizza
- Place 4 mini pepperoni’s on top of each pizza
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. OR put on the grill for a smokey taste! Oh, that would be even better!
- Wait for pizzas to cool, remove from muffin tin using a fork or knife
- Pizza’s should pop out with ease
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- You can add side dips if you feel like it. My girls love, love, love buttermilk ranch dressing and spicy sauses!
Baked Chicken Chimichangas - Another Recipe For Chimichangas
Oh, these look so good and when done are extremely "ooey gooey" with melted cheese. I've always been honest with you and promised to tell you when it's NOT a simple recipe. This is a recipe that's easy but it does take 30 minutes to cook, prep time depends on how many you are feeding. Also if you decide to make the smaller tortillas, cook time will be less. You'll need enough time to shred the amount of chicken and the amount of vegetables you decide to use. Serves as many or as few as you need.
Remember, with all recipes you can change any of the ingredients to your taste. You could always cut these up and make them bite size or just use smaller tortilla shells. If you don't like pepperjack cheese, use a different cheese. You could use olive oil instead of cooking spray too, adds a little flavor. If you like green, red or yellow peppers you can add them. It's all up to you and I really hope you try these and love them!
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 8 oz Pepperjack cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 lb cooked chicken shredded
- 8 large flour tortillas
- cooking spray or olive oil
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions for garnish
- sour cream
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (flip sides after first 15 mins.)
- Stir together cream cheese, Pepperjack cheese and taco seasoning
- Spread mixture in the center of the tortillas (as much or as little as you like)
- Put shredded chicken onto tortillas (divide chicken evenly among your tortillas)
- Tuck in sides and roll up
- Place on grill or sprayed 9x13" baking dish, seam side down
- Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray or brush with olive oil
- Turn chimi's over and bake an additional 15 minutes
- Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, and salsa
- Or any other ingredients you prefer!
Questions & Answers
© 2013 Barbara