Anzac Biscuits Gluten Free
- 2 cups of Gluten Free, Kellogg's Special K
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut (less is best, definitely don't go more)
- 1/2 cup of Rice Flour
- 1 cup of GF Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 125gm butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda
- 3 tablespoons of boiling water
My favourite ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 150C and line a couple of biscuit trays with baking paper.
- Combine all your dry ingredients, Special K, coconut, sugar, rice flour and GF Plain flour and mix them through with your hands.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda to the "freshly boiled" water and stir until completely dissolved. Then pour into the melted butter and golden syrup while it is still hot (this is a kind of chemical reaction and you want to see a bit of foaming).
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour your wet ingredients into it, mix thoroughly using your hands.
- With your hands form small balls of mixture and place onto biscuit trays allowing a little room for spreading.
- Bake in the oven for 20minutes or until golden brown.
It is important to let your biscuits cool on their baking trays for at least 5 minutes before transferring them onto the cooling racks or they will fall apart.
Makes approximately 24 depending on whether my children help me and eat half the mixture before I can bake them.