Krissa is a home cook who loves to share her recipes and baking tips.
These lovely homemade biscuits are my easy go-to recipe when I want something simple I can quickly whip up. These biscuits are tender and moist and go equally well with chicken and gravy at dinner or spread with butter and jam for a morning snack.
I also like them crumbled up and topped with fresh-sliced strawberries and milk for breakfast.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
About 16 biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Mix together 4 cups flour, 6 teaspoons baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Add the oil and milk, stir it well.
- Dust a clean countertop with flour (I often use whole wheat for dusting, just to add a little flavor). Form the dough into a ball, and roll it out until it's about 1/2 inch thick.
- With a biscuit cutter or the top of a cup, cut out your biscuits. When you run out of room to cut, re-roll the remaining dough scraps. Form the last one by hand, using the last of the dough.
- Bake on a biscuit pan or cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 425F, or until golden brown on top.