Six Different Best Brownies Recipes
Lunch Lady BrowniesIngredients
- 4 Eggs, large
Baking & Spices
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand-mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Using the paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar. Beat together then add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Don't over mix. (Batter will be thick)
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting. You want the brownies still warm when you frost them!
FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread over warm brownies. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Yields: 12 large brownies or 24 small brownies
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
30 mins to cook, serves 9-12Ingredients
- 1 Egg yolk, large
- 2 Eggs
Baking & Spices
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Food coloring, red
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 3/16 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Oils & Vinegars
- 1/2 tsp White vinegar
- 8 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 (8-oz.) package Cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease it with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted 8 tablespoons butter with the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, food coloring and salt, stirring to combine. Then stir in the white vinegar.
- Whisk together the eggs in a small bowl, and then stir them into the brownie batter. Fold in the flour, just until combined, then pour the batter into the prepared pan, reserving 1/4 cup of the batter for the topping.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a handheld electric mixer), blend together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk until well combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer over the brownie batter then top the cream cheese with dollops of the remaining brownie batter. Using a sharp knife or toothpick, swirl the cream cheese together with the dollops of brownie batter.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely before lifting the parchment out of the pan then slicing and serving.
- Kelly's Notes:
- Brownies often taste better the second day after they're baked, so feel free to make the brownies in advance and store them in an airtight container.
- Lemon Brownies:
- All-Purpose Flour - 3/4 Cup
- Sugar - 3/4 Cup
- Salt - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter, At Room Temperature - 1/2 Cup (1 Stick)
- Large Eggs - 2
- Lemon Zest - 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon Juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Powdered Sugar - 1 Rounded Cup
- Lemon Juice - 3 Tablespoons
- Lemon Zest - 2-3 Teaspoons
1. Line an 8X8 inch baking dish with aluminum foil, overhanging the edges 2 inches on two opposing sides. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a stand up mixer, add the flour, sugar, salt and butter and beat until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, add the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix until well combined. Add this egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and using an offset spatula, smooth out the top of the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn golden or a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Cool the brownies completely in the pan set on a wire baking rack before applying the glaze.
5. Make the glaze by sifting the powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice to powdered sugar and using a hand held electric mixer, beat until the juice is completely combined. Add more lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until glaze reaches a thick but just spreadable consistency. Pour glaze onto the center of the completely cooled Lemon Brownies and use an offset spatula to spread and cover the surface. Sprinkle the top with remaining 2-3 teaspoons of lemon zest. I recommend refrigerating overnight, then removing from the pan, and cutting into bars.
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
20 mins to cook, makes 36
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder (I love Rodelle)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the brownies, in a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine butter, cocoa powder and oil. Bring to a boil, whisking continuously, and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, eggs, and buttermilk. Slowly add in the butter mixture (do not over mix). Add in flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring just until combined. Fold in Andes mints.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cooled, prepare the frosting. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter for 3-4 minutes. Do this until the butter becomes pale in color. Add in milk, sugar, peppermint and food coloring. Beat an additional 3-5 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy (add more milk if needed). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate for two hours, until set. Cut and enjoy.
*Use peppermint extract NOT mint extract. I find the mint has a toothpaste flavor to it!
Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
For the Brownies:
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- For the Cheesecake:
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Grease a 9x13 in. pan. and preheat the oven to 350º.
- Melt the butter with the sugar in the microwave or in a pot on the stove until bubbly, whisking occasionally. Allow to cool for at least ten minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and flour and mix well to combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the pan.
- In a separate bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Make about one long trench at a time in the brownie batter with the end of a wooden spoon (or with the underside of a regular dessert spoon) and fill it with the cream cheese mixture. You'll probably need about 5 trenches going across the long side of the pan.
- Take a knife and cut rows all the way through the batter the opposite direction of the trenches.
- Bake for about half an hour (or 10-15 minutes longer for less "gooey" brownies). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
DOUBLE-LAYERED PEANUT BUTTER CUP BROWNIES
PREP TIME 15 mins COOK TIME 23 mins TOTAL TIME 38 mins
- 1 packaged brownie mix (or your favorite brownie recipe)
- Ingredients called for on the brownie mix
- 12 Reese's peanut butter cups
- 2 and 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons shortening or coconut oil, separated
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with tin foil or parchment paper and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the brownies according to package directions. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 16-17 minutes and then remove.
- Press the unwrapped peanut butter cups evenly into the brownies.
- Return the brownies to the oven and bake for another 5-6 minutes or until a fork when inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of shortening or coconut oil. Microwave in bursts of 30 seconds stirring in between the bursts until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Smooth the chocolate over the brownies evenly.
- In another small microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and remaining 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil or shortening. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour in long stripes over the chocolate. Using a butter knife marble the top by running the knife horizontally from left to right just through the top chocolate and peanut butter layers.
- Allow to completely harden before enjoying the bars.
More by this Author
Eat healthy salmon dishes to remain fit!
Bake and No Bake recipes-No-Bake Strawberry & Cream Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake Dream Bars, Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups and more.
Birthday cakes so moist your guests will think they came from a bakery! Take a bite and taste the bursts of bright flavors! Chocolate Oreo Cake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Overload Cake and more.