I enjoy baking for family and friends and will never turn down the opportunity to bake for myself, too.
Moist and Yummy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This chocolate chip pumpkin bread is a year-round winner and the perfect comfort food at any time of the day. It has a moist and slightly spongy texture and the pumpkin and maple syrup flavors blend together nicely. With dark chocolate chips, it's not a very sweet bread. If you prefer a sweeter flavor, I suggest using semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips instead of dark ones.
For a healthier option, you can leave the white granulated sugar out of the recipe and it will still taste good! In fact, this is how I have been making it most recently and like it much better without the sugar.
If you prefer a slightly gooey middle as I do, remove it from the oven a few minutes early.
For the best results, wrap and refrigerate this pumpkin bread overnight after baking it, as it will taste moister and much more flavorful in the morning.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 20 min
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar (optional)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin, Libby's canned or fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinammon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, (if you prefer a sweeter flavor, use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips instead)
High Altitude Adjustments: If you are baking at altitudes above 3,000 feet, click here for high altitude tips and adjustments you will need to make for this recipe.
- In a large bowl, blend the sugar, maple syrup and butter at medium speed.
- Add the yogurt and continue to blend.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla, blending well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt and cinammon) together with a mixing spoon.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and continue to blend well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a mixing spoon.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Gently remove the loaf from the pan and enjoy!
Tip: This bread tastes best after being wrapped and refrigerated overnight.
Some Health Benefits of Vitamin A
Improves your immune system
Helps keep acne at bay
Supports healthy bones
May lower your risk of some cancers
Helps preserve your eyesight
Promotes healthy growth and reproduction
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Madeleine Clays