I have started watching what goes into my food, so I've begun making my food from scratch.
Save Time and Money Without Scrimping on Taste
I have been making this delicious bread in my oven for some time now, but I've discovered that I can easily make it in my bread machine. This way, I can just leave it and come back to it when it's done.
During this pandemic, I thought I would have more time on my hands to do some baking and other hobbies, but the work-from-home arrangement has somehow made my schedule more hectic. I've found that my trusty bread machine has been a real-time saver! Moreover, I don't need to toss my overripe bananas into my trash bin. I can use them to make delicious and healthy banana bread for breakfast or snacks.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup pomace olive oil
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup, or as desired
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milled flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- Add all the wet ingredients in the bread machine pail following the order in the list.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients (except the nuts) and mix with a whisk.
- In another bowl, get 1 tablespoon of flour from the banana bread flour mixture and toss the chopped nuts in it.
- Carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the pail.
- Choose the "express bake" setting (or the equivalent on your bread machine). Choose "light color" for the crust (I like my banana bread with medium-colored crust, though).
- Press "start."
- After about 5 minutes, add the chopped nuts.
- Wait for your bread machine to finish baking your bread.
- Use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients to ensure that the ingredients are well mixed. A whisk is also a good choice when mixing flour for cakes to skip sifting the flour.
- Tossing the nuts or other add-ins to your bread or cake will prevent the add-ins from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
Delicious Banana Bread Pairings
I have tried the following spreads on banana bread and I guarantee 100% delight! I also used my banana bread for French toast and it also tasted so good, especially with coconut syrup.
- Peanut butter
- Sharp cheese
- Cream cheese
- Chocolate spread
- Avocado slices