I love to cook and bake, and I enjoy the process of creating and modifying recipes.
The Best Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate chip muffins are one of the most popular types of muffins out there—and they also happen to be one of my favorites—and yet it's difficult to find a decent recipe.
One recipe I found ended up creating the worst muffins I have ever baked my entire life. Other recipes didn't work out well, either. Finally, I decided to take matters into my own hands and figure it out through trial and error.
I started out with another muffin recipe that's worked well for me in past: my strawberry cinnamon muffin recipe. After lots of trial and error, each time getting a little bit closer to the solution, I eventually cracked the code to amazing chocolate chip muffins. I'm now sharing my recipe with all of you.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes 12 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Mix in the vanilla extract. Do not overmix. Add in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter (with an ice cream scoop), evenly into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Add the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips by spreading them on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs (but not wet).
- Cool in the pan to room temperature.
I hope you enjoy the muffins as much as my friends, family, and I do. Happy baking!
© 2012 Alyssa Scheidemann