I have started watching what goes into my food, so I've begun making my food from scratch.
Winter Holiday Bread
I was so excited to make this bread, and the end result definitely did not disappoint. My apartment was filled with the delicious smell of cinnamon. This is the perfect bread for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time during the winter holidays!
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup liquid milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 teaspoons yeast
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
Read More From Delishably
- Add all the measured liquid ingredients in the bread machine pail.
- In a separate bowl, measure and mix the dry ingredients except the yeast and cranberries. Add gently on top of the liquid mixture.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add the yeast. Be very careful not to get the yeast wet.
- Close the lid of the bread machine.
- Choose basic setting and light crust color (or set the crust color as desired).
- Press the start button.
- When you hear the beeping sound during the kneading cycle, drop the cranberries a few at a time into the dough--allowing the dough to incorporate the cranberries well.
- Wait for the bread machine to finish baking.
- I love soft breads! To make my bread soft, I always add 1/4 cup liquid milk. I use 2% milk, but any kind will do. Try it and see the difference!
- If you like adding fruits and nuts to your bread, always add them after you hear the beeping sound during the kneading cycle. Do not add them together with the ingredients to avoid 'pulverising' or 'crushing' them to tidbits.