I have started watching what goes into my food, so I've begun making my food from scratch.
Make your breakfast (or any meal) extra special with this delicious, nutritious and easy-to-make bread. This bread comes together quickly and easily in just one bowl, so cleanup is a breeze.
This bread isn't too sweet, but I make it this way on purpose because I like to top it with tasty spreads (see my suggestions below). Sometimes I like to serve this bread with savory dishes, too, like chicken or turkey. However, if you'd like to make the bread sweeter, it's easy to do; just increase the sugar up to 1/2 cup or as desired.
Do check out the video below on the health benefits of zucchini, as well. It will surely convince you to incorporate zucchini into your diet, and this bread is a yummy way to do it.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups grated zucchini, with liquid (do not squeeze out)
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 medium egg
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Read More From Delishably
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the liquid ingredients except the cranberries. Mix well.
- Add in all the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in the dried cranberries. Reserve some cranberries to sprinkle on top of the batter. Let the batter rest.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and then pour in the batter. Sprinkle the reserved cranberries on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
Health Benefits of Zucchini
I enjoy eating this bread for breakfast with the following spreads:
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Biscoff spread